As a human resource professional, you are in charge more than you know.
Today's competitive business landscape means that your role has expanded. The best and most successful human resource professionals learn early on how to gain and use influence to become more of a strategic partner, to determine where the organisation is headed and to use the human resources function to guide the way.
The best learn how to coach others, to help them tap into their own motivation and come up with ideas and solutions on their own, rather than being told what to do and how to do it - over and over again.
Coaching for Human Resource Professionals can help you get there.
This program helps you strengthen your own leadership skills and learn how to build the coaching relationship to develop the skills of others.
Using the Center's framework of assessment, challenge and support, you will work intensively with a coach, one-to-one and in small groups. Multiple videotaped coaching sessions allow you to more closely examine your coaching style and abilities, learn new skills and effectively build a climate for coaching within your organisation.
Developed through a collaboration between CCL and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Learn the essentials of coaching by using CCL's unique framework, along with new coaching skills that can be put to immediate use, in a program that's specifically focused on internal human resource professionals.
- Participate in a combination of small group interaction and videotaped practice sessions. Coaches work closely with small groups throughout the program, and a high instructor-to-participant ratio (1:4) provides a focused and feedback-rich learning environment during the entire program.
- Build a results-driven development plan using a powerful peer coaching process that is overseen by experienced CCL faculty.
- Learn more about yourself and others. You will understand the importance of managing the coaching relationship, as well as how your personal preferences affect coaching outcomes. And you will increase your understanding of others' personalities and learning styles to enable you to better coach them.
- Identify coaching's greatest impact and opportunity and gain strategies for creating a coaching environment within your organisation that is fully adaptable to individual styles and circumstances.
- Develop new insights about the boundaries and ethics in the coaching relationship.
- Participate in a post-program follow-up session, conducted by telephone, to reinforce and extend classroom learning.
- Network with other human resource professionals to strengthen critical skills and explore the challenges that others face.
- Receive a take-home tool kit for implementing coaching techniques in your organisation.
Mid- to executive-level Human Resource Professionals who are responsible for coaching others and/or creating a coaching environment in their organisation.
About the School
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) offers what no one else can: an exclusive focus on leadership education and research and unparalleled expertise in solving the leadership challenges of individ ... Read More