This program is taught in French, click here for the French Translation of the program
In this program, the student conducts chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using devices and equipments that are commonly employed in the fields of in chemical engineering, research, and industrial chemistry. Aspiring chemical technicians become specialists in instrumentation through research projects and company internships.
- Ontario high school diploma or its equivalent from another province, or mature student status
- 2 French credits (at least 1 mandatory group course): grade 11 or 12, pre-college or pre-university
- 1 mathematics credit: grade 12, pre-college or pre-university
- 1 chemistry credit: grade 12, pre-college or pre-university
Recommended course or other:
- 1 physics credit: grade 11 or 12, pre-college or pre-university
Work environment (type of employer):
Graduates of this program can work for research firms and in many industrial sectors (production, development, quality control, sales and customer service), for the government, private laboratories, and consulting firms.
Possibility of a bachelor’s degree or other title:
Many universities recognize the postsecondary credits of Collège Boréal. Each university has its own admission criteria. After your college studies, the university of your choice will examine your credits in order to establish appropriate equivalence.
Diligent, autonomous strong in maths, good reasoning skills.
- Graduates of this program can enrol directly in the third-year specialization Chemical Engineering Technologist program.
- Students have the opportunity to work on research projects for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources during the program and after they have obtained their diploma
- CHI1000 ~ Chimie générale
- FRA1005 ~ Français I
- INF1064 ~ Culture technologique
- MAT1006 ~ Mathématiques appliquées I
- PFF1000 ~ Fondements d’écologie
- PHY1000 ~ Physique
- CHI1002 ~ Chimie des solutions
- CHI1003 ~ Appareils et instruments en chimie I
- ENG1003 ~ English Communications I
- MAT1007 ~ Mathématiques appliquées II
- MAT1014 ~ Statistiques pour technologues
- CHOIX ~ Formation générale au choix
- CHI1001 ~ Chimie organique I
- CHI1005 ~ Chimie analytique
- CHI1006 ~ Aménagement des déchets
- CTN1001 ~ Géologie
- MAT1008 ~ Algèbre avancée
- CHI1004 ~ Appareils etinstruments en chimie II
- CHI1007 ~ Procédés chimiques industriels
- CHI1015 ~ Chimie organique II
- FRA1006 ~ Français II
Cost & Fees
Tuition fees (approx.):
Other fees (certificate, field activities, etc.):
- Practical training camp and study tour: $200/year