Our summer school is the perfect opportunity to learn English and make friends from all over the world.
This year we have two summer school courses available:
- Standard Summer School (10-17 years old)
- Semi-Intensive Summer School (14-17 years old)
Our Standard Summer School course provides 20 English lessons for 15 hours per week.
Our Semi-Intensive Summer School provides 24 English lessons for 18 hours per week.
We aim to enable students to communicate effectively in English across borders and cultures by:
- Giving you an experience of English as a living language that will motivate and inspire you to learn English
- Giving you a language boost to increase your confidence and fluency, particularly in listening and speaking
- Helping you improve the level of your English through a combination of language input and practice activities
- Helping you develop the study skills that will enable you to continue to learn English after their course
- Increasing your understanding of and sensitivity toward other cultures
Levels and Progress
Students will have a test on their first day to place them in a class at the right level. Our weekly progress tests and monthly tutorials then make sure students move up to a higher level as soon as they are ready.
The levels are:
- Elementary (Strong A1-A2) Can communicate with enough language for basic needs and simple situations.
- Pre-Intermediate (Strong A2) Can communicate with enough language for everyday practical needs.
- Intermediate (B1) Can communicate effectively in most situations but sometimes has to work hard to communicate effectively.
- Upper Intermediate (B2) Can communicate effectively in most situations and can usually easily re-phrase in order to be understood.
- Advanced (C1) Can communicate effectively in all but the most difficult situations.
You will take a test on the first day to place you in the correct level. Your teacher will give you a report and certificate at the end of your course.
Your daily timetable will be as follows:
Standard Summer School Timetable
Semi-Intensive Summer School Timetable
LTC Eastbourne is in an 18th-century mansion, once home to the Duke of Devonshire, near the centre of Eastbourne, one of the most beautiful towns on the south coast of England. Did you know, Eastbourne is one of the sunniest places in the UK?
You will enjoy spending time inside the historic school building and our 10-hectare private garden.
We have dormitory-style residential accommodation above the school for students ages 10-16.
If you are age 13+ you can choose shared homestay accommodation with a local homestay provider. We usually recommend homestay for 17 year-olds.
All homestay providers hosting under 18’s undergo a police check.
Please note that for legal reasons, we cannot offer residential accommodation for more than 28 days. If you stay longer than 28 days, you must change your accommodation.
You will have a full programme of afternoon and evening activities, plus a half-day excursion every Wednesday and a full-day excursion every Saturday. Students studying the Semi-Intensive Summer School programme will miss social activities between 1.45pm and 3.30pm on Tuesday and Friday, but will otherwise use the same social programme as the Standard Summer School course.
Care of Young Students
We have staff who are trained to look after you if you come to LTC Eastbourne without an adult. They will get to know you individually and will be there to help you if you have a problem or a question.
We aim to provide the highest level of care.
- Appointed Safeguarding Lead
- All members of staff undergo a police check
- All homestay providers hosting under 18’s undergo a police check
- Staff are trained in the safeguarding of under 18’s
- Designated staff responsible for student well-being
- Trained staff in first aid
- Friendly and approachable staff
- Quality student support in accordance with best practice and British Council guidelines
About the School
If you join our school, you will not only enjoy lessons with our qualified teachers, and have activities arranged each week, but you will also study in an 18th-century mansion. This beautiful and hist ... Read More