About Wanderlust Exchange
Wanderlust Exchange was founded in 2014, with opportunities that integrate educational travel, volunteering, Mandarin learning, childcare and English tutoring together for overseas youngsters. This is a great way to experience China with an authentic touch by staying with Chinese host families.
The English loanword "wanderlust" dates as far back as Middle High German. Wanderlust reflects an intense urge for self-development by experiencing the unknown, confronting unforeseen challenges, getting to know unfamiliar cultures, ways of life and behaviors.
We provide students with quality authentic cultural experiences, with an aim to bridge culture divide, to help participants develop the self-awareness and cross-cultural competencies to be active participants in the world.
We believe getting to know another culture with your comfort zone pushed makes us individuals globe citizens with a broad vision, leniency, flexibility and better understanding of ourselves.
Wanderlust Exchange encourages the exploration of self-awareness and personal development by providing participants with opportunities to:
1. Experience the unknown
2. Confront unforeseen challenges
3. Familiarize themselves with new cultures, ways of life, and behaviours
Wanderlust Exchange specializes in creating authentic cultural experiences through several exchange programs with the aim to bridge culture divide and help participants develop cross-cultural understanding that will enable them to be global citizens of the world.
Read more about our programs here.
Why Wanderlust Exchange?
- We CARE about your having a great experience during your stay in China, thus we screen host families discreetly
- We deliver handy orientation course upon your arrival
- We hold various cultural activities for you to further explore Chinese culture
- We would love to see you grow through such experience
- We would love to be the guide during your lifetime adventure in China
- We are here to "cherish your caring&loving soul, enlighten your wanderlust spirit".
Programmes taught in: