The Summer University offers several cycles, in French and English, taught by academics from the Sorbonne Université cluster.
There are 15 hours of lectures per week, 3 hours a day, Monday to Friday, in the morning or afternoon, depending on the course. This rhythm allows participants to enjoy classes, and also visit Paris afterward. You can register for more than one course.
Feel free to follow us on Facebook or on Instagram to be kept up to date with the latest news.
Program for Summer 2019:
- Cycle 1 - At the sources of European culture: Greco-Roman Antiquity
- Cycle 2 - Europe in the Enlightenment
- Cycle 3 - Modernity and postmodernity
- Cycle 4 - French cuisine and gastronomy: an exceptional art de vivre
- Cycle 5 - The Sorbonne in English
- Cycle 6 - The classics of French literature
- Cycle 7 - Paris, the making of a capital: 5 000 years of history (in French)
- Cycle 7 bis - Paris, the making of a capital: 5 000 years of history
- Cycle 8 - French women
- Cycle 9 - French identities 1
- Cycle 10 - French identities 2
- Cycle 11 - Looks at youth
- Cycle 12 - the big currents of philosophy - upcoming program
- Cycle 13 - The big names in the history of France
Dates for Summer 2019:
- Week 1: from 1 to 5 July 2019
- Week 2: from 8 to 12 July 2019
- Week 3: from 15 to 19 July 2019
- Week 4: from 22 to 26 July 2019
Please note that Sorbonne Université reserves the right to change or cancel courses.
Programmes taught in:
- English (US)