We aim to deliver leaders who can shape the future of Africa
Wits Business School is the graduate school of business administration of the University of the Witwatersrand, one of the top tertiary institutes in Africa.
The School offers a variety of postgraduate academic programmes and executive education programmes as well as weekly public seminars. WBS also designs tailor-made, in-company programmes, partnering with client organisations to develop management capacity. With a full suite of programmes on offer, WBS delivers innovative, transformative, and immersive learning experiences using generative thinking methodologies.
The School’s aim is to deliver leaders who can fashion the future of Africa and raise the values-bar on how business is done on the continent. Learning is therefore relevant to the challenges and opportunities that we face on this continent, providing students with a deep understanding of the complexities of doing business in Africa within a global context.
Our academic faculty comprises highly qualified academics with almost all of them holding PhDs, more than any other business school on the continent.
WBS has an extensive Management Library, 24-hour meeting rooms and Africa’s largest Case Study Centre, housing over 200 real-life cases that bring relevant business challenges into the classroom.
The main campus is in Parktown and our satellite campus is in Braamfontein, both in Johannesburg, the vibrant, commercial hub of the continent and offers a modern learning environment built on the Harvard School of Business ‘horseshoe’ format.
Why study at WBS?
You see yourself as a future leader:
From the students and faculty to our alumni and friends, as a collective, we make a substantial positive impact on the world around us. So when you decide to join Wits Business School, you decide on becoming a future leader, in both business and in society.
You become part of a global community of active and innovative changemakers:
- Your WBS degree holds high regard in the business world;
- Our alumni hold top positions;
- We are situated in the commercial hub of Africa;
- You join a partnership of lifelong learning and holistic development;
- We hold the largest academic case centre;
- You get access to and participate in relevant and cutting-edge research; and
- We have state-of-the-art facilities.
Vision, mission and values
By 2020, being recognised as the African business school of choice by students, employers, business, civil society, government and labour, while maintaining a fearlessly critical outlook, driven by a sense of professionalism, ethics and integrity.
The School aims to create the academic, research, leadership and character excellence conditions that nurture graduates who grow and achieve beyond themselves as Africa's leaders, in business and in society. WBS' intention is also to build bridges - between business, government, civil society and organised labour- to address the issues critical to Africa fulfilling its economic destiny.
- Bold and ground-breaking in its approach to the biggest issues facing South Africa and the continent;
- The provider of top quality management and leadership education that will enable people to successfully advance their careers, both locally and globally;
- Able to build bridges between business, government, organised labour and the NGO sector;
- Home to the brightest minds on big issues and called on to comment/participate in debates;
- Producing cutting-edge and relevant research; and
- A place where students want to spend more time to learn more and gain wisdom.
- We act with integrity;
- Uncompromising performance excellence;
- We respect each other in all interactions - professionally and personally;
- We trust each other; and
- We are accountable, both as individuals and as a group.
Accreditation and Affiliations
A WBS degree holds high regard in the business world
WBS is accredited by a number of leading international organisations, attesting to the high regard a WBS degree holds in the business world. We are also continuously audited and vetted, ensuring that your education is incomparable.
We have accreditations from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Global Admissions Council (GMAC).
We are the only business school in Africa to have been admitted to the Partnership in International Management (PIM), a student exchange programme for international study at over 60 leading business schools around the world.
The school is also a founding member of the South African Business School Association (SABSA) and is a member of the Association of African Business Schools (AABS).
Programmes taught in:
- English (US)