Why study Geopolitics?
Resource Wars, Identity Conflicts, Disinformation, Geostrategic Rivalries, Global Power Shift and increasing number of non-state actors, among others make it difficult to analyse contemporary international relations. To deal with this problem, the geopolitical approach can be a useful tool, since it takes into account the strategic, historical, geographical, cultural and economic spheres in deciphering the complexity of current and potential future conflicts.
- The Geneva Institute of Geopolitical Studies (GIGS) organises Certificate Programmes in Geopolitics and Geoeconomics. These study programmes take place in Geneva.
- The Institute undertakes research, provides expertise and publishes studies in the field of geopolitics.
- GIGS organises conferences and symposiums on different geopolitical and geoeconomic issues.
- GIGS is a non-profit organization and registered with the Geneva Commercial Register.
- GIGS is entirely independent of political, ideological and economic organisations.
Programmes taught in:
- English (US)