A community of problem-solvers dedicated to finding innovative solutions to the world's biggest challenges
Imperial College London is a world top ten universities with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Consistently rated amongst the world's best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines.
Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges.
Facts and figures
In 1907, the Royal College of Science, the Royal School of Mines and the City & Guilds College were combined to form Imperial College London.
- Imperial is home to 17,000 students and 8,000 staff.
- Over 6,700 degrees are awarded by Imperial College London every year.
- We are an international community, attracting undergraduates from more than 125 countries.
- The College focuses on the four main disciplines of science, engineering, medicine and business and is renowned for its application of these skills to industry and enterprise.
- Excellence in education is at the core of Imperial’s ethos and is reflected in UK and international rankings.
- Imperial is home to the greatest concentration of high-impact research of any major UK university.
- Imperial holds a Silver Athena Swan award, which recognises advancing women's careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine in academia.
- Distinguished members of the College have included 14 Nobel laureates and three Fields Medallists.
Imperial is the UK's most international university. Imperial’s global collaborations, discoveries and networks are transforming lives and creating opportunity in the UK and around the world.
The College's excellence – it is consistently ranked among the world’s top ten universities – arises from its talented students and staff who come from all over the world, and support from a global network of alumni, friends and collaborators. Imperial is a global academic community where people from different cultures contribute diverse perspectives, new ideas and fresh approaches to solving complex problems.
60% of Imperial's students come from outside the UK, including 20% from other European countries. Two-thirds of Imperial research includes an international collaborator, encompassing academic peers in more than 130 countries.
We believe that innovation thrives "when cultures collide and collaborate". That's why we defend our international values and think and act internationally.
We Are International
What does being international mean to you? Our staff share their experiences with international collaboration and partnerships.
Programmes taught in: