Community Colleges of Spokane
Founded in 1963, Community Colleges of Spokane is a dynamic community college district serving over 30,000 students a year in Eastern Washington. CCS is a vibrant, comprehensive learning community – with educational opportunities for students of all ages and abilities.
We are a community college district comprised of two accredited colleges, Spokane Community College (SCC) and Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC). In addition to serving a large urban and suburban population in greater Spokane, the district provides educational services to rural communities throughout a 12,302 square-mile region in Eastern Washington. This region includes all of Spokane, Stevens, Whitman, Ferry, and Pend Oreille Counties, as well as portions of Lincoln County.
Both colleges of CCS are accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
- 1144 Children and families were served by Head Start and Early Head Start in the last year
- 19,298 Award Seeking Students
- 87.2% Employment Rate
- 2,899 Degrees Awarded
Spokane Community College
Spokane Community College (SCC) is one of two accredited institutions of Community Colleges of Spokane and one of the largest community colleges in the state. SCC is known for leading programs in automotive, aviation, cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare, machining and welding, just to name a few. We also train and certify many professionals through our Apprenticeship and Journeyman Training Center and the popular Avista/SCC Lineworker School. SCC provides associates degrees and transfer-ready programs to open your path to a four-year college or university. The main campus is located in Spokane, with centers in Colville, Newport, Republic, Ione and Inchelium.
Welcome to Spokane Community College
Spokane Community College (SCC) is known for career/technical programs that get graduates jobs in high-demand professions, as well as exceptional transfer options. We serve more than 20,000 students every year at our main campus in east Spokane and centers in Colville, Inchelium, Ione, Newport and Republic, making SCC one of the largest community colleges in the state.
SCC Mission and Core Themes
Spokane Community College offers educational opportunities in college readiness, workforce training, and university transfer that meets the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to student success through active learning, dynamic relationships, and supportive environments.
The college has identified four core themes to further define the mission which is used to evaluate mission fulfillment.
- SCC’s professional technical certificate and degree programs are industry standard, preparing students for entry-level positions in their discipline.
- Students enrolled in Academic Transfer courses are well prepared and successful as they transfer their coursework and/or Associate degrees in pursuit of the next step in their education plan.
- College Readiness programs meet the needs of students and prepare them for college-level courses while empowering them to succeed academically, personally, and professionally.
- Students are provided with the opportunity to succeed in a supported environment that enhances individual and professional growth through academic, personal and professional development.
Spokane Community College is where students transform their lives and attain their goals, enriching our communities.
Student Success, Excellence, Accessibility, Inclusiveness, Collaboration, Mutual Respect, Responsiveness, Life-long Learning
You Belong Here
Whatever your goal, we can help you succeed. For more than 50 years, we have been helping people change jobs, earn transfer degrees and start new lives.
Explore your options
We have more than 120 programs, including transfer degrees and ways to prepare you for a university. We also have many career and technical programs like architecture, IT, environmental science and more.
Spokane Falls Community College
Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC) is one of two accredited institutions of Community Colleges of Spokane. SFCC is an educational leader, providing affordable programs of the highest quality with faculty and staff dedicated to excellent instruction and student success. We have options for anyone looking to attain a career/technical degree or certificate, transfer to a four-year university or continue their education with our expanding applied for bachelor's degree programs. Our main campus is located in west Spokane with locations in Pullman, Fairchild Air Force Base and online.
Welcome to Spokane Falls Community College
Spokane Falls Community College is an educational leader, providing affordable programs of the highest quality with faculty and staff dedicated to excellent instruction and student success. We have options for career-technical certificates and degrees, transfer degrees and an expanding number of bachelor of applied science programs. We serve more than 8,000 students every year at our main campus located in west Spokane, our campus in Pullman and Online.
Our Mission, Core Theme, & Vision
Spokane Falls Community College meets the needs of our community by advancing student achievement through quality, accessible learning opportunities that embrace diversity, promote equity and foster global awareness.
We fulfill our mission through five core themes:
- SFCC faculty, students, and administration commit to excellence in instruction and learning.
- SFCC provides students with tools and opportunities to achieve their goals.
- SFCC opens access to all students through a variety of teaching methods, modalities of instruction and services, and locations.
Diversity, Equity, Global Awareness
- SFCC advances diversity promotes equity and prepares students to live responsibly in an increasingly global civilization.
Responsiveness to Community Needs,
- SFCC meets the changing needs of our community stakeholders through collaboration and innovation.
SFCC is an educational leader and partner with the community and region in providing flexible, responsive programs of the highest quality. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to student success, cultural enrichment and lifelong learning in a student-centered environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
- Academic Excellence in which both the learner and teacher are responsible for the learning that reflects intellectual vitality, curiosity, creativity, and rigor.
- Academic Freedom in which we recognize freedom of speech, expression and ideas as well as the rights of students, faculty, and staff involved in intellectual inquiry in the development of knowledge.
- Collaboration in governance and working collegially in partnerships which recognize the synergy resulting from broad participation and valuing all voices.
- Diversity in our students, faculty, staff and community in the belief that it enriches our learning and growth.
- Personal Excellence which reflects integrity and caring in the entire work of the college.
- Respect for each other in recognition of diverse life experiences and the promotion of collegiality based on the belief in human rights and the dignity of each individual.
- Student Success enhanced by our comprehensive support services designed to help students succeed.
- Environmental Stewardship through which we demonstrate our respect and responsibility for the natural environment.
1810 N Greene Street
WA 99217 Spokane, Washington, USA
3410 W. Fort George Wright Drive
WA 99224 Spokane, Washington, USA